- z3:encode-init #!key buffer buffer-size tellwhen thrmin thrmax initialgrant preferlongerprocedure
Initializes RFC1951 compression of data into a memory buffer. Various keyword arguments can be supplied to control compression:
- The target buffer for the compressed data.
- maximal size of the compressed data.
- Frequency for code size estimation (0 for none, i.e. full block usage).
- thrmin, thrmax
- Threshold for block close decision.
- For threshold comparison, all but the first slice are asumed to be incremented by this value to roughly compensate RFC1951 block dynamic table size.
- When non-zero, the compressor will try to find a longer match at n+1 and prefer it over a previous match at n.
Returns a z3 handle.