A program that serves eggs from a local tree or Subversion repository over HTTP.
Invoke henrietta on the command-line, like this:
usage: henrietta [OPTION ...] -h -help show this message -query QUERYSTRING supply query-string on the command-line -remote REMOTEADDR supply remote address on the command-line -l -location LOCATION install from given location (default: current directory)
henrietta is intended to be used as a CGI program and takes a query string and remote address as arguments, either using the command-line options -query and -remote or by setting the QUERY_STRING and REMOTE_ADDR environment variables.
The query string should contain any of the following parameters:
- specifies the name of the requested extension
- specifies what version should be retrieved
- specifies for what major CHICKEN release we want the extension
- if non-empty, also include test-files in the retrieved data
- just list all available extensions
- list available versions for the extension given in name
#!/bin/sh # Change these to suitable values for your machine. # The egg repository should be populated by henrietta-cache or something similar export HENRIETTA=/home/chickens/use-this/henrietta/bin/henrietta export EGG_REPOSITORY=/var/cache/henrietta export LOGFILE=/tmp/henrietta-cache.log exec "$HENRIETTA" -l "$EGG_REPOSITORY" 2>>"$LOGFILE"
This egg is hosted on the CHICKEN Subversion repository:
If you want to check out the source code repository of this egg and you are not familiar with Subversion, see this page.
Copyright (c) 2008-2020, The CHICKEN Team All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. 3. The name of the authors may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Don't print #!eof when reading empty files.
- Include dotfiles when serving egg files (reported by Vasilij Schneidermann)
- Fix dependencies (srfi-1 was missing)
- Port to CHICKEN 5
- enforce more strict rules for possible egg names
- Support multiple major releases. Remove transport support in favor of simpler code to read from local directory by removing dependency on setup-download. Remove mode support.
- better egg name checking
- handle ; as query-arg separator
- report correct egg version in HTTP response
- added regex dependency
- packaged as an egg, added -query and -remote options and support for listing versions
- initial release