This is an egg for CHICKEN 4, the unsupported old release. You're almost certainly looking for the CHICKEN 5 version of this egg, if it exists.
If it does not exist, there may be equivalent functionality provided by another egg; have a look at the egg index. Otherwise, please consider porting this egg to the current version of CHICKEN.
This is a port of the Stalin to CHICKEN, that is, Stalin hosted on the CHICKEN Scheme system. Stalin compiles a subset of R4RS Scheme to C code, which can subsequently be compiled to highly efficient self-contained executables.
libgc, the Boehm garbage collector must be installed and available in your linker path.
stalin [OPTION ...] FILENAME
See the Stalin manual for information about the available command line options and general usage information.
- On some systems (notably debian-based Linux), the libgc headers are not in the default location. Add -copt -I/usr/include/gc to the invocation of stalin (or in whatever path gc.h is location) to set the proper include path
- On some systems libgc requires libdl, add -copt -ldl in this case.
The following extensions have been added to this version of stalin:
- support for \n (newline), \r (carriage return), \t (tab) and \e (escape) character sequences in string literals
- SRFI-0 (cond-expand) The feature identifiers stalin, srfi-0 and stalin are defined.
The compiler has been tested on Mac OS X 10.4 (ppc), and Linux (x86, amd64)
- The compiler is extremely slow
- The Xlib and OpenGL interfaces provided with the original Stalin are not available
Jeffrey Mark Siskind, port to CHICKEN by felix winkelmann
- fix tests to handle both salmonella and "chicken-install -test" when invoking the external program chicken-stalin
- use correct executable name for installation (thanks to mario)
- renamed executable to chicken-stalin
- renamed executable to stalin
- ported to CHICKEN 4
- Initial version
Copyright 1993, 1994, and 1995 University of Toronto. All rights reserved. Copyright 1996 Technion. All rights reserved. Copyright 1996 and 1997 University of Vermont. All rights reserved. Copyright 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001 NEC Research Institute, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 Purdue University. All rights reserved.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.