Lowdown is a pure Chicken Scheme Markdown parser library. It's mostly a port of John MacFarlane's Markdown PEG to comparse parser combinators. Unlike the discount parser (and the original Markdown.pl for that matter) it passes all 22 tests of the MarkdownTest suite (version 1.0.3) and emits SXML rather than a serialized HTML string. This allows for flexible post-processing of the parse result using, for example, sxml-transforms.
- markdown->sxml inputprocedure
Parses the Markdown formatted input and returns an SXML representation of the resulting HTML document. input may be a string, an input port or a list of characters.
- markdown->sxml* inputprocedure
Parses the Markdown formatted input and returns an SXML representation of it. input may be a string, an input port or a list of characters.
- markdown-sxml->html-sxml markdown-sxmlprocedure
- markdown->html inputprocedure
Convenience procedure which calls markdown->sxml on input and serializes the resulting HTML document to (current-output-port).
The source code is hosted at Bitbucket. Feel free to fork it and send pull requests there.
- Handle whitespace and dashes in reference labels (thanks to Vasilij Schneidermann for the patch)
- Add support for CHICKEN 5 (thanks to Evan Hanson for the initial patch)
- Support Setext heading at end of input (thanks ente for reporting the issue). Allow any tag names in inline HTML elements. Fix some inline corner cases (thanks to John Foerch for reporting the issue). Fix compile warning with Comparse 0.1.0. Fix inline markup in headings (thanks to Alex Charlton for reporting the issue).
- Preserve newlines in `...` inlines (thanks to John Foerch for reporting the issue)
- Compile with -O3. Fix alphanumeric-ascii parser to also include uppercase letters (thanks Markus Klotzbuecher for reporting). Add smartypants support to lowdown-extra (thanks retroj for the idea). Fix bug that inline markup would span across blocks (thanks retroj for reporting).
- Fix bug in the newline parser (\r\n line endings didn't work)
- Bugfix release to make the test suite work with chicken-install
- Add markdown->html
- Initial release
Copyright (c) 2018, Moritz Heidkamp All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. Neither the name of the author nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.