Outdated CHICKEN release
This is a manual page for an old and unsupported version of CHICKEN. If you are still using it, please consider migrating to the latest version. You can find the manual for the latest release here.
The CHICKEN User's Manual
This is the manual for CHICKEN Scheme, version 4.13.0
- Getting started
- What is CHICKEN and how do I use it?
- Basic mode of operation
- Compiling Scheme files.
- Using the compiler
- Explains how to use CHICKEN to compile programs and execute them.
- Using the interpreter
- Invocation and usage of csi, the CHICKEN interpreter.
- Supported language
- The language implemented by CHICKEN (deviations from the standard and extensions).
- Using "Feathers", the CHICKEN debugger.
- Interface to external functions and variables
- Accessing C and C++ code and data.
- Packaging and installing extension libraries.
- Deploying programs developed with CHICKEN.
- Cross development
- Building software for a different architecture.
- Data representation
- How Scheme data is internally represented.
- Bugs and limitations
- Things that do not work yet.
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions about CHICKEN (and their answers).
- A list of some of the people that have contributed to make CHICKEN what it is.
- Links to documents that may be of interest.