A command line tool to generate HTML-formatted reports out of salmonella log files.
This is the tool that generate the reports under the salmonella-report directories in https://tests.call-cc.org.
salmonella-html-report is hosted on github: https://github.com/mario-goulart/salmonella-html-report
salmonella-html-report also uses the dot command line tool (provided by Graphviz) to generate the [reverse] dependencies graphs.
$ salmonella-html-report --help Usage: salmonella-html-report [ <options> ] <salmonella log file> <out dir> --verbose Verbose output. --disable-graphs Disable generation of dependency graphs. --css-uri=<uri> URI of the CSS file to be used in the generatated pages. --graphics-format=<type> Format of the [reverse] dependency graph images. The supported ones are those supported by dot (GraphViz). The default format is SVG. --compress-html Compress HTML files using gzip. --html-compressor External program to use to compress HTML files. --html-compressor-args Arguments to be passed to the external program to compress HTML files. --compress-graphics Compress graphics files using gzip. --graphics-compressor External program to use to compress graphics files. --graphics-compressor-args Arguments to be passed to the external program to compress graphics files. --keep-dot-files By default, salmonella-html-report will remove dot files (GraphViz) after converting them to graphics files. This command line can be used to avoid removing them.
Copyright (c) 2010-2019, Mario Domenech Goulart All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. 3. The name of the authors may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Version 1.7.1 (2021-01-01)
- Add --version command line option
- Tolerate salmonella log files without egg metadata
- CHICKEN 5 support
- Add "Undocumented eggs" section (suggested by Peter Bex)
- Show error messages in case of fetch error
- Circular dependencies detection and reporting
- Disable "Test report" link when there's no test report
- Show installation status in the installation report page title
- Add "Total run time" to TOC
- Use SVG as default graphics format
- Remove .dot files after generating graphics (the new --keep-dot-files command line option can be used to preserve dot file)
- Compression support
- Split salmonella-html-report into a loadable extension and a command line tool
- Check if the arguments for egg-dependencies are really eggs (core libraries and other non-egg things don't have metadata information)
- Drop dependency on regex (use irregex instead)
- Don't warn about GPL eggs in test-depends of non-GPL eggs
- Don't hardcode the protocol in the link to the CSS file
- Fixed bug in license verification (it assumed versions were always strings, but they could also be symbols). Thanks to Peter Bex for reporting this issue
- Fixed listing of eggs whose installation succeeded but tests failed. Don't show broken dependencies for tests.
- Added test status to test pages to ease checking if eggs exit status are actually consistent
- Fixed release-info file
- Subclassification of the "Installation succeeded" section according to test status (as suggested by Peter Bex)
- Added rank pages
- Added TOC
- Initial release