The svn-client egg is a wrapper around Subversion's libsvn_client library.
The API is pretty unstable and not very clean. This might get cleaned up someday, but don't hold your breath.
Using apr-1.2.7 in a Fedora Core 5 installation the compilation failed due to an error in this line.
/usr/local/www/include/apr-1/apr.h: typedef off64_t apr_off_t;
off64_t was replaced with long long and the egg compilation succeeded. There should be a better way to solve this. Adding -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE to the compilation line didn't work (the symbol off64_t didn't get defined).
- Update to libsvn API 1.8, and add canonicalization for URIs and paths so assertions aren't triggered anymore on Debian Jessie (thanks to Mario Goulart for reporting this problem).
- Fix potential segfault/data corruption issue related to GC roots.
- Fix external function definition type to return a value instead of void. This might cause segfaults, depending on the C compiler used and the alignment of the stars...
- Delete temporary empty files generated svn-client-cat and svn-diff when an error occurs.
- Get rid of all compiler warnings. Started implementation of a very basic testsuite. Slightly more Schemely API (still nasty though)
- Convert deprecated pointer type to c-pointer so it works with new Chicken versions (thanks to Christian Kellermann).
- Fix two other issues causing leaking descriptors. Use svn_client_cat2 so svn-cat behaves more like svn cat.
- Fix two filedescriptor leaks. Fix authentication issue that caused only the first authentication given to be accepted, with subsequent auths using that first one instead.
- Quick and dirty port to Chicken 4
- Included svn-client-log2 and fixed some memory leaks.
- Included wrappers for svn-client-info and svn-client-cat.
- Fixed a bug in the list iteration in svn-client-revert.
- Add svn-path-canonicalize and some small fixes.
- Add svn-client-revert and svn-client-resolved.