- read-server-message RFBSESSIONprocedure
Waits for a message from an RFB server and resturns an s-expression representing the message or end-of-file if the connection was closed.
Server messages may be any of the following:
Message Meaning (FramebufferUpdate RECT ...) Sends a list of rectangles to be updated, see brlow for a description of RECT (SetColourMapEntries INDEX U16VECTOR) Server request to change the entries in the colour-map to the RGB values given in the vector, starting at colour-index INDEX (Bell) Server request to the ring bell (ServerCutText STRING) Text pasted from clipboard
A RECT sent via a framebuffer update request has one of the following forms:
- (Raw #(X Y W H U8VECTOR))
- A bitmap in "Raw" encoding with given position, shape and data
- (CopyRect #(X Y W H X2 Y2))
- A request to copy the bitmap with the given position and size to position X2/Y2
Other encoding types can be handled using the register-encoding-type procedure (see below).