Provides HTML and XHTML doctypes as strings.
- doctype-html constant
Generic HTML doctype. Introduced in the HTML5 spec, but is backwards-compatible with older browsers, which use it only to switch into standards mode.
- doctype-xhtml-1.0-strict constant
- doctype-html-4.01-strict constant
- doctype-xhtml-1.0-transitional constant
- doctype-html-4.01-transitional constant
- doctype-xhtml-1.0-frameset constant
- doctype-html-4.01-frameset constant
- doctype-html-3.2 constant
- doctype-html-2.0 constant
Strings corresponding to the "obsolete permitted" HTML and XHTML doctypes. In general it is safe to use doctype-html instead, as the doctype is typically only used to switch browsers into standards mode, and all known browsers do this with doctype-html.
;doctype-html-4.01-strict <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
- doctype-html-legacy constant
Legacy HTML doctype, which should only be emitted by a renderer when it cannot produce the shorter doctype-html. Don't use this.
<!DOCTYPE HTML SYSTEM "about:legacy-compat">
- xhtml-1.0-strict constant
- html-4.01-strict constant
- xhtml-1.0-transitional constant
- html-4.01-transitional constant
- xhtml-1.0-frameset constant
- html-4.01-frameset constant
- html-3.2 constant
- html-2.0 constant
Aliases for doctype-*. Deprecated as of doctype version 2.0.
- doctype-rules constant
A handy ruleset for use with sxml-transforms. Rules are named like the corresponding constants -- for example, doctype-html -- and will output the HTML doctype as a string.
This ruleset contains preorder rules which should be appended/prepended to the universal-conversion-rules because they output raw text which should not be processed again. See the example below.
Note: for compatibility with doctype egg versions 2.0 and earlier, rules without the doctype- prefix are accepted as well: e.g. xhtml-1.0-strict. The only exception is html, which conflicts with the <html> tag.
#;1> (use doctype) #;2> (print doctype-html) <!DOCTYPE HTML> #;3> (print doctype-xhtml-1.0-strict) <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> #;4> (use sxml-transforms) #;5> (SRV:send-reply (pre-post-order `((doctype-xhtml-1.0-strict) (html (body "blah"))) (append doctype-rules universal-conversion-rules))) <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html> <body>blah</body></html>
- Add doctype- prefixes to doctype-rules; fix bug in html-2.0 rule
- Add doctype- prefixes, deprecate old aliases, add doctype-html
- Add doctype-rules
- Fix typo in html-4.01-transitional
- Initial release