Correios is a Chicken Scheme library that implements shipping calculation (tax and estimated delivery time) for a Brazillian post office service with the same name. It is implemented according to the official Correios web service specification.
- (make-request #!key service from-zip to-zip (company "") (password "") (pkg-weight 0.3) (pkg-format 1) (pkg-length 16) (pkg-height 2) (pkg-breadth 11) (pkg-diameter 0) (receiver-id-check #f) (declared-value 0) (return-receipt #f) (return-url "XML")) procedure
- available delivery services: 'PAC, 'SEDEX, 'SEDEX-10, 'SEDEX-HOJE and 'SEDEX-A-COBRAR. It can also be a list combining one or more of these symbols (ie. '(PAC SEDEX SEDEX-10)).
- sender's zip code and should be a string with 8 digits (only numbers allowed).
- receiver's zip code and should be a string with 8 digits (only numbers allowed).
- company code, if yours has one. It should be a string.
- company password, only if a company code is provided. It should be a string.
- package weight in kilograms. Should be a number.
- package format and should be a number: 1 for box/package, 2 for roller/prism and 3 for envelope.
- package length in centimeters (including packing size) and should be a number.
- package height in centimeters (including packing size) and should be a number.
- package breadth in centimeters (including packing size) and should be a number.
- package diameter in centimeters (including packing size) and should be a number.
- a boolean and determines whether the package should be delivered only to the receiver's hand (Correios calls this service "Mão própria").
- package declared value in Brazillian Reais, to be returned in case of miscarriage. It should be a number - ex.: 33.50 (default is 0, which means no use of service).
- a boolean and determines whether the package should be delivered with additional service of a return receipt (#f means no use of the service).
- request return URL or type - at the moment can only be "XML".
Note: although all values returned use Brazillian decimal notation with a comma separating cents from integers (ex.: 3,25), all the decimal values provided to make-request should have a dot (ex.: 3.25) separating those parts.
- (update-request old-request #!key service from-zip to-zip company password pkg-weight pkg-format pkg-length pkg-height pkg-breadth pkg-diameter receiver-id-check declared-value return-receipt return-url) procedure
Like make-request, except this takes an old-request object as a template for values which are missing from the parameter list, thereby providing a way to do a purely functional update of that object.
- (process-request REQUEST) procedure
This is the core procedure for shipping cost calculation. It accepts a request object as a parameter and returns a list of response objects. The list can be processed (see Examples below) and data can be extracted from each response using its accessors (see response details below).
For each request attribute there is a respective accessor procedure:
- (request-service REQUEST) => SERVICE procedure
- (request-from-zip REQUEST) => FROM-ZIP procedure
- (request-to-zip REQUEST) => TO-ZIP procedure
- (request-company REQUEST) => COMPANY procedure
- (request-password REQUEST) => PASSWORD procedure
- (request-pkg-weight REQUEST) => PKG-WEIGHT procedure
- (request-pkg-format REQUEST) => PKG-FORMAT procedure
- (request-pkg-length REQUEST) => PKG-LENGTH procedure
- (request-pkg-height REQUEST) => PKG-HEIGHT procedure
- (request-pkg-breadth REQUEST) => PKG-BREADTH procedure
- (request-pkg-diameter REQUEST) => PKG-DIAMETER procedure
- (request-receiver-id-check REQUEST) => RECEIVER-ID-CHECK procedure
- (request-declared-value REQUEST) => DECLARED-VALUE procedure
- (request-return-receipt REQUEST) => RETURN-RECEIPT procedure
- (request-return-url REQUEST) => RETURN-URL procedure
- response record
This is a correios shipping response object that is generated by process-request. It is a defstruct record and has a constructor make-response (used only internally). It has 10 attributes that can be retrieved using the respective accessor procedure:
- (response-service RESPONSE) => SERVICE procedure
Returns the delivery service type as a symbol - ie. 'PAC, 'SEDEX or SEDEX-10).
- (response-cost RESPONSE) => COST procedure
Returns the total delivery cost in Brazillian Reais as a string - ie. "15,80".
- (response-delivery-time RESPONSE) => DELIVERY-TIME procedure
Returns the delivery time in days as a number.
- (response-receiver-id-check-cost RESPONSE) => RECEIVER-ID-CHECK-COST procedure
Returns the cost of the receiver-id-check service (if used) in Brazillian Reais as a string - ie. "3,20".
- (response-return-receipt-cost RESPONSE) => RETURN-RECEIPT-COST procedure
Returns the cost of the return-receipt-cost service (if used) in Brazillian Reais as a string - ie. "2,90".
- (response-declared-value-cost RESPONSE) => DECLARED-VALUE-COST procedure
Returns the cost of declared-value service in Brazillian Reais as a string - ie. "32,50".
- (response-home-delivery RESPONSE) => HOME-DELIVERY procedure
Returns a boolean indicating whether or not the home-delivery service is available (believe it or not there are still many inaccessible areas in Brazil!).
- (response-saturday-delivery RESPONSE) => SATURDAY-DELIVERY procedure
Returns a boolean indicating whether or not the saturday-delivery service is available.
- (response-error RESPONSE) => ERROR procedure
Returns "0" if there were no errors or other number (in a string format) if so (see pages 14 and 15 of the Correios web service specification for a complete error code list).
- (response-error-msg RESPONSE) => ERROR-MSG procedure
Returns a #f if there were no errors or a string with the error message.
There is also a procedure to check if there response generated by process-request is valid:
- (valid-response? RESPONSE) procedure
Check if a specific response has generated errors. Returns a boolean.
(use correios) ;; Create a request (define ship-req (make-request service: (list 'SEDEX 'PAC) from-zip: "05412002" to-zip: "90035120")) ;; Proccess it and iterate along the reponse list (let loop ((responses (process-request ship-req))) (cond ((null? responses) (printf "Finished processing responses.~N")) (else (let ((resp (car responses))) (if (valid-response? resp) (printf "Service ~A - Cost: R$~A Estimated delivery (days): ~A~N" (response-service resp) (response-cost resp) (response-delivery-time resp)) (printf "Service ~A - Error: ~A" (response-service resp) (response-error-msg resp)))) (loop (cdr responses))))) => Service SEDEX - Cost: R$33,00 Estimated delivery (days): 1 Service PAC - Cost: R$15,80 Estimated delivery (days): 4 Finished processing responses.
- 0.1 Initial version
Copyright (c) 2013, Arthur Maciel All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. Neither the name of the author nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.