Coq au Vin is a lightweight blogging platform.
Matt Gushee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It uses civet to generate dynamic pages, and has an abstract database layer that allows for different databases to be used. There is currently a SQLite3 backend included in this egg. Additional databases will be supported in separate eggs.
Blog posts are processed as Markdown, using the lowdown egg.
The current version supports request handing via FastCGI. Future versions will also support spiffy. All secured content must be accessed via HTTPS, though this constraint may be disabled for testing purposes.
For more detailed information, you may wish to look at the examples collection, which includes several toy examples and one real web application.
Also, general info, tutorials, and announcements will be posted at the Coq au Vin blog, which of course is powered by Coq au Vin.
Please note that this document does not cover all symbols exported by the egg. However, those that are not documented should be considered experimental and [more] likely to change.
- (app-init #!key (site-path #f) (template-path #f)) procedure
Initialize the application. The SITE-PATH and TEMPLATE-PATH arguments are passed to civet, and you must specify one of the two. If SITE-PATH is specified, civet will find templates in the templates subdirectory of that path. The value of either SITE-PATH or TEMPLATE-PATH should be an absolute pathname.
- (register-roles #!optional (roles (%default-roles%))) procedure
Since each user has a role, you must call this procedure before creating any users. The ROLES argument, if supplied, should be a list of strings; the default value is '("admin" "editor" "author" "member" "guest").
NOTE: as of version 0.1, these roles have no effect, but one or more roles must be defined in order to register users.
- (config-set! (KEY . VALUE) ...) procedure
Set multiple variables. Each argument must be a dotted pair where KEY is a symbol and VALUE is a string or a number.
- (config-get KEY ...) procedure
Retrieve multiple variables. Returns an alist. Any undefined variables are omitted from the result.
- (config KEY [VALUE]) procedure
Sets or retrieves one variable.
- (config*) procedure
Returns an alist of all defined variables.
Many of the procedures below take the following parameters:
- ID/ALIAS The identifier for a blog post. ID is a system-generated value; ALIAS is an optional string that may be specified by the user to allow for "friendly" URLs [not yet implemented as of version 0.3].
- OUT An output port, defaulting to (current-output-port). If you change this, expect problems.
- LOGGED-IN A boolean indicating whether the user is logged in or not. Note that this parameter is not used to grant or deny access to secured resources; it is intended as a convenient way to determine whether to display certain page items related to the user's logged-in status (e.g. a "LOGIN" or "LOGOUT" link).
<procedure>(get-article-page/html ID/ALIAS #!key (out (current-output-port)) (date-format #f)
Generate an HTML page that displays the full text of one article.
<procedure>(get-article-list-page/html #!key (out (current-output-port)) (criterion 'all)
(sort '(created desc)) (date-format #f) (limit 10) (offset 0) (show 'teaser) (logged-in #f))</procedure>
Generate an HTML page displaying a list of articles. The list may be filtered using the CRITERION argument; currently supported values are 'all, '(tag TAG), '(author AUTHOR), '(series SERIES-TITLE), '(category CATEGORY). As of version 0.3, the SHOW and SORT arguments are unimplemented.
- (get-meta-list-page/html SUBJECT #!optional (out (current-output-port)) (logged-in #f)) procedure
Generate an HTML page listing all items of a particular type. SUBJECT must be one of 'tags, 'categories, 'series, or 'authors.
- (get-new-article-form/html #!optional (out (current-output-port))) procedure
Generate an HTML form for creating a new article.
- (get-article-edit-form/html ID/ALIAS #!optional (out (current-output-port))) procedure
Generate an HTML form for editing an existing article.
- (add-article FORM-DATA #!optional (out (current-output-port))) procedure
Given FORM-DATA (as an alist), this procedure adds a new article to the database.
- (update-article ID/ALIAS FORM-DATA #!optional (out (current-output-port))) procedure
Given an ID/ALIAS for an existing article and FORM-DATA (as an alist), this procedure updates the content and metadata of the specified article.
- (get-login-form/html #!optional (out (current-output-port))) procedure
Generate an HTML form for user login.
- (webform-login FORM-DATA IP #!optional (out (current-output-port))) procedure
Handler for user login via the HTML form. When the username and password are accepted, sets a session cookie in the browser.
Generates a message informing the user that the action they attempted was unauthorized.
This database layer uses a SQLite3 database only to store metadata. The body text of articles is stored in the filesystem. This reduces the load on the database and allows the content to be placed under version control (though this egg does not yet provide version control functionality).
- (setup-db DB-FILE #!optional (force #f)) procedure
Opens DB-FILE and sets up all tables for the application.
- (enable-sqlite DB-FILE CONTENT-PATH) procedure
Configures the database layer to use the procedures in this egg. DB-FILE is the Sqlite3 database file, which should be the same file as specified in setup-db. CONTENT-PATH is a directory where article content files will be stored.
- (run LISTEN-PORT #!optional (testing #f)) procedure
Runs the FastCGI server on LISTEN-PORT, which may be either a TCP port (integer) or a unix socket (string). See the fastcgi documentation for more information. The TESTING parameter disables the HTTPS-only requirement for secured resources.
If you have a GitHub account, please use the GitHub issue tracker -- likewise for any technical questions or suggestions you may have (other than how-to type questions). If you are unable to do this, the chicken-users mailing list will also work.
Copyright (c) 2013-2014, Matthew C. Gushee All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. Neither the name of the author nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Fixed 'logged-in' function; removed IP address checking for session-valid?; added JSON combo menu handler.
- Integrated FastCGI support; modified HTTP response generation to use intarweb; improved security by enforcing strict TLS and making session cookies 'Secure' and 'HttpOnly'.
- Fixed bug that prevented series title from being updated.
- Removed a debugging command that caused errors.
- Added missing dependency.
- Added user login and session support.
- Switched password hashing to (crypt).
- Fixed formatting bug in article teasers.
- Added normalize-sxml procedure to work around bad href attributes in body text.
- Initial release.